MİTAŞ Group fulfills its responsibility to the society by participating in the social responsibility projects in various fields: education, culture and art, sports, and young entrepreneurships.
From the sponsorships that supports innovations to the projects of improvement the conditions in the villages with poor facilities, we aim to help build trust, raise awareness, and encourage social change across the country. Our employees take parts in these projects actively, which provide a key driver in the success of our social initiatives.
We also organize social events for our employees and their families throughout the year, which helps to build relationships, understand different perspectives and expand social circles.
Social Responsibility Projects
- Blood donation was made to Turkish Red Crescent (February 2019)
- MİTAŞ Composites-sponsored Yıldız Technical University Ae2 project team won the security award for the 5th time with its “Safety First” motto at the Off-Track Awards in the European segment of the Shell Eco Marathon, which was organized in London and attended by 140 vehicles from 28 countries, to encourage young people to develop vehicles operating with fuel alternatives of the future and to raise public awareness on the efficient use of energy (March 2019)
- MİTAŞ Composite-sponsored ski racer Rabia Şehirli represented our country in sprint, medium distance and long distance competitions in the Ski Orienteering World Championship held in Pitea, Sweden, to which Turkish National Team participated for the first time this year with three women and one male athletes (April 2019)
- In-company information training was held with the attendance of Dr. Nazire Uçar, Deputy Chief Physician of Koru Hospitals on smoking, a major public health problem (November 2019)
- Saplings were planted in ASO 2 Organized Industrial Zone as part of the “Breath to the Future” campaign initiated by the Ministry of Forestry of Turkey (November 2019)
- Blue boxes were placed in our premises for collection of plastic caps with the aim to support the campaign for meeting the wheelchair needs of disabled citizens, organized by The Spinal Cord Paralytics Association of Turkey. Collected caps are forwarded to the association regularly (November 2019)
- Contribution to the construction of Ankara Subaşı village school was made under the “There is a village there soon” campaign, initiated by Tohumluk Foundation (December 2019)
- Sponsored by MITAS Industry, a large number of participants from 18 different countries participated in the “International Student Competition in Structural Optimization (ISCSO), which is traditionally organized among university students each year. Kazuki Hayashi, a PhD candidate from Kyoto University in Japan, won the award this year. We would like to thank all the ISCSO 2019 participants for their contributions to the event (December 2019).
- New tablets were delivered to Kuluncak Village School students in Giresun's Günce Village in order to support remote education due to the pandemic (April 2021)
- Spring Festival was organized in Yeşildere promenade area with the participation of our personnel (April 2019)
- “Hello Summer” event was organized at our Headquarters and Temelli premises with the participation of our employees (July 2019)
- Discount agreements were signed with various hospitals for the benefit of MİTAŞ Group employees (August 2018)
- The football tournament, which was organized with the participation of 26 teams between MİTAŞ Group companies, ended with the final match between MİT 12.5 and Zinckeepers on 8 September. MIT 12.5 defeated Zinc Keepers with penalties in the final match and became champions (September 2019)
- The traditional MİTAŞ Group holiday trip took place at the TUI Magic Life holiday village in Antalya. A total of 220 employees and their families participated in this trip (October 2019)
- On 29 October Republic Day, a trip to Afyon Martyrs' was held with the participation of MİTAŞ Group employees (October 2019)
- “Farewell to Summer” event was organized at our Headquarters and Temelli facilities. Our employees who previously worked at MİTAŞ Group were also participated this event (October 2019)
- Our Planning Engineer İrem Ersaraç ran for UNICEF on behalf of Mitaş Industry in the "Pursuit of Goodness" NGO Project (March 2021)